Friday, February 1, 2008

Almost flooded

One month before the first anniversary of the March 1 tornado that killed 8 highschool students last year we had another tornado watch yesterday. Joe was supposed to fly at night, but his weather report for the night stated plainly "All flight training canceled". So fortunately he was home, although we didn't end up having problems with the storm . We did get into trouble however with the rain. After Michael woke me up at midnight, I thought I better check the patio, and sure enough, it was filled about 2 inch high with water and pretty close to running over the treshhold into the living room. So I woke up poor Joe who then had to work outside in the cold and rain for about an hour. He did a good job clearing the drains and got all the water out of the patio. I wish I could show you a picture of him at work, in winter boots, shorts (!), and his flight jacket, but someone was too grumpy to let me take one. I assume it had something to do with him being cold and wet and me being dry and warm. Not sure though.
Otherwise we are doing well, Michael keeps growing. He is a lightweight though, at his 6 month check-up he was in the 90 percentile for lenght but only the 10-20 percentile for weight. But the doctor was very pleased with him and said he is absolutely healthy. He does have gained more weight and strength since then, and so it seems that his swinging days are over now, after he discovered what else besides swinging you can do sitting in the swing. See for yourself...

Note the look on his face that seems to say "Is there anything wrong with this?".

He is also eating solids now, we made it through all the first stage veggies (with sweet potatoes being his favorite) and a couple of fruits (apple and banana).

We are still anxiously awaiting definitive news about our new duty station. So far we only know that we probably won't get what we wanted... We'll keep you posted!

No comments: